Monday, May 6, 2013

a new excuse to buy shoes?!?! I think YES!!!

Ok...so I've come to the conclusion that I'm pretty much a genius. sometimes. So I have figured out a way to convince your husband,bf, dad,brother,mother,sister or just YOURSELF that it's OKAY to buy new shoes.

So there's a story behind this...and YES....I'm going to explain it...so try and keep up.

So, the other day Daniel (my husband) asked me if I had noticed that when I take a shower, the hot water doesn't last long...AT.ALL. I COULD NOT BELIEVE HE SAID THAT. I thought it was just me!!! Sooo I called our apartments, and asked them if they can send the maintenance man to fix it. So he came. And left. He called to tell us that our water heater is apparently in our storage closet that just so happens to be under our stairs.....and it also just so happens to be BEYOND full! So we rescheduled for another day, and I'd make sure that it was emptied. I know, I know, you're waiting for me to get to the shoes part...HOLD YOUR HORSES, I'm getting there!!!

So I FINALLY got my closet COMPLETELY emptied out into my living room, and let the maintenance man come and get to work! Well while I had all of this stuff out, I thought to myself, "I have GOT to get RID of some stuff!!! But ohhh man...what do I get rid of?!?!" (CAUTION: I'm totally about to describe my thought process and the conversation that I had with myself, so BRACE YOURSELF)

Well, I've got this storage unit with the three drawers, but I have got NOWHERE to put our dvd's, and when Kim comes over there's nowhere for her to put her clothes and she pretty much just has to throw the blanket in there....ughhh I just WISH there was a way to get some shelves in there....*DING* I'll just BUILD some shelves!!! But WHAT in the WORLD would I build them out of?!?! I don't have any extra wood.... *looks around* ....*looks around some more* .....*spots colored duct tape* *spots SHOE BOXES* *DING* YES!!!!  I will tooootally make them out of shoeboxes!!! 

So...I DID!!! And here is the finished product, and how I did it...no lie....they are pretty awesome. The photos really don't even give them enough credit...


OK....So here's how it works...

 STEP 1: Find yourself a shoebox. (Its best if you make sure that the width helps hold DVD'S or whatever you're trying to store...for me, I guess this is one time that me and my husband both having big feet actually helped)

 STEP 2: Find yourself some colored ductape, and scissors!

 STEP 3: Wrap the inside of the box first. I'm not sure WHY...but it seemed easier that way. I guess it doesn't really matter which way you do first. But the good thing about the tape is that not ONLY is it giving it some awesome color...its actually making it sturdy so that it can hold whatever you are needing.


STEP 4: Hang and enjoy!!!







4 comments:

  1. Great Post and you are going to make a wonderful blogger. Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmm....forget buying shoes. Have Daniel buy you some wood.

    ReplyDelete